If you need to reduce or eliminate lactose in your diet, a good alternative is lactose-free evaporated milk. These types of products are usually made with other ingredients that are good for you. One example is lactose-free baking powder, which is excellent for baking cakes, cookies and a number of other baked goods.
There are many different brands of milk that contain lactose, so this means you need to shop around. One of the best places to get these products is online. Most online retailers offer free shipping and even a money back guarantee. Even without those added conveniences, shopping online is still easy.
Here Are Some More Tips To Help You Shop For Lactose-free Evaporated Milk
– Look For Milk That Contains One Or More Lactose-free Cultures
There are a number of products like non-dairy milk or soy milk that have been lactose free. Just check the label. Some products such as rice milk and almond milk can be used in recipes, too. The more lactose free the product is, the easier it will be for you to use it in your recipes.
– Look for products like non-dairy whipped cream or recipes that use low-fat or non-fat milk. These products are also likely to have a lower fat content than regular store-bought products, which can be important when cooking. In addition, there are a number of recipes available online that do not call for any milk at all. These include chicken or fish salad, soup or stew with non-dairy cream, and rice pudding, among others.
– Look For Products Like Frozen Yogurts
These are products that keep their ingredients cold and safe to eat long-term. These include products like frozen organic yogurt or organic raw milk yogurt. Some yogurts also contain whey concentrate, which has lactose as an ingredient. However, this should only be a consideration if you are choosing a brand name that you trust.
– If you cook at home or at the restaurant, consider buying small containers of milk for home use. These are inexpensive and easy to make at home. Many restaurants sell small containers of milk at prices slightly higher than the standard product. For example, a container of lactose free ice cream is about $2.00, and a container of regular milk is around $4.00.
– Look For Lactose-free Products At The Supermarket
You can find these at most drug stores, as well as health food stores and natural foods markets. They often have smaller varieties. There are many brands available on the market, but some are not worth considering. One example is Fage, which markets itself as a natural, organic milk brand. While age does not use lactose, it does advertise the fact that it is a lactose-free product.
– There are also online lactose free products. These may be harder to find, but they can be easier to access. Many online sellers will sell products from all around the world. You may want to check several different ones to make sure that they are reputable sellers. You may also want to check with your health food store to see if they carry any lactose-free or lactose-reduced products.
– Another Option Is To Look At Yogurt
This is an option that you have many choices with. Make sure to choose plain, non-whey style yogurt. This type will usually taste better than the other types, although you do have the chance to choose from a variety of flavors.
– The lactose in milk may also be removed by using enzymes. One option is to use a milk and enzyme mixture. Another is to remove the lactose with a simple acid base. You can find both of these options at your local nutrition store. You can also purchase them online.
You can also create your own products that are lactose free. This can be a lot of fun, and also be a great opportunity to get creative. If you want to create your own products, you can learn how to make them. Lactose free cookies and cakes are a great idea, as well as ice cream and puddings. You should have no problem coming up with a number of different products that you can create for those who are lactose intolerant.